Biography

Hello, my name is Sarah Stanley. I am 24 years old and I'm classified as a Junior.
My major is K-6 Elementary Education and my ideal grades to teach are Kindergarten through 3rd,
the younger the better.

Image

Image

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Blog #9: Lesson Plan from Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX)

Here is a link to a lesson plan on art in fairy tales from ALEX:
http://alex.state.al.us/lesson_view.php?id=11303

When I logged onto the ALEX website I was hit by how familiar it was. I'm not sure, but I believe I have used it before at UAB. I love how clear and easy it is to use. It's very user friendly. I chose a lesson plan in art because that is something I am passionate about. This particular lesson plan jumped out at me because it incorporates art as well as literature analysis.
In this lesson the students create works of art based on a fairy tale that they read in class. After this they have the opportunity to display their art and talk about the creative choices they made. Each piece of artwork is that student's interpretation of the assignment and story that was read. This makes every one unique and uniquely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment