Biography

Hello, my name is Sarah Stanley. I am 24 years old and I'm classified as a Junior.
My major is K-6 Elementary Education and my ideal grades to teach are Kindergarten through 3rd,
the younger the better.

Image

Image

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Blog #7: Group Video

Here is a link to our group video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6esgAlZ16E 
 
The first thing that I thought of when we were introduced to the group video was that if I volunteered to do the editing than I could duck being in front of the camera. That hope was thrown out as soon as I read the rubric. As I said in previous posts I am much more comfortable behind the camera. I came to learn that my group members were just as uncomfortable as I was in front of the camera, which was paradoxically comforting. For me, it felt like this detail made us more of a group. As we started filming the trepidation faded a little and we got more and more goofy. In a few of the takes we actually had some difficulty getting the shot because we were giggling so much. Though as I got the first of the footage I felt like I really got into my element.
The next challenge we came across was that we were missing a few points on the rubric, time limit and narration. This was a relative easy fix. All we needed to do was come up with a few more ideas to fill in the gaps and film them, which we did. We even managed to subtly incorporate our group name. I really love editing, weather it is with videos or pictures. It reminds me of making art, which I guess it is. I had a lot of fun with this assignment; that seems to be a going trend in this class. Hey, you won’t catch me complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment