Biography

Hello, my name is Sarah Stanley. I am 24 years old and I'm classified as a Junior.
My major is K-6 Elementary Education and my ideal grades to teach are Kindergarten through 3rd,
the younger the better.

Image

Image

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Blog #5: Guest Speaker for Video Production

Here is the link to the powerpoint from Mr. David Walker's lecture:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1q-sTZkCIbgg7HqWmfQaS0vIP9aEJN2ny9sPmH_ZQtow/edit#slide=id.gde32d56e7_0_178
Today’s lecture by Mr. David Walker about video production with iPhones opened my eyes to the potential of the media that I had not seen before. Mr. Walker pointed out many of the common mistakes that I had not thought of before as well as what to do to fix them. Suddenly it feels like I can do so much more with just the camera on my phone. Mr. Walker recommended many different pieces of equipment for the best possible results, but I think for my purposes I can work with the tools already at my disposal.
One of the videos we watched had 5 tips to improve video quality. It had a more colorful name, but you get the idea. The five tips were think in shots, don’t shoot till you see the white of their eyes, keep the brightest light behind you, treat your video like a still camera, and keep your video short. All of these things have a reason and can be accomplished with very little effort, if you know what you’re doing. I’m not looking forward to being in a video again, but I’m very excited about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment