Biography

Hello, my name is Sarah Stanley. I am 24 years old and I'm classified as a Junior.
My major is K-6 Elementary Education and my ideal grades to teach are Kindergarten through 3rd,
the younger the better.

Image

Image

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Blog #13: The process of creating the Interactive Power Point

Here is the link to my interactive power point:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ez3959jcunazk4dFBUQTRQNXM

The interactive power point was another fun project in this class, though I've come to expect that at this point. Once again I really struggled with what material I wanted to cover with the technology I had at my disposal. I decided to go with literature and cover one of my favorite stories, The Odyssey. I thought this would give me a lot of creative freedom to interpret the assignment, but it didn't turn out quite how I imagined. I expected it to be much cuter than it turned out to be. I even got so discouraged near the end that I almost started over. I actually did but I realized that I didn't have enough time to flesh out an entirely new idea and I focused on finishing Odysseus's.
I f I were to do it again, I think I would come at it from another angle. Many of my classmates did unique spins on preexisting games, which was an adorable idea, that I will incorporate next time. In addition, I showed my teacher something I did in another class where I used a green screen effect with a monster that would have fit well with this assignment. If I had more time with I would have loved to add that is for a laugh or two.
As it is, I had a lot of fun with this assignment and I am proud of the end result. This is definitely a piece of technology that I can see myself using in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment